I was reading that this Memorial Day weekend will see more people on the road than last year, so I thought a few common sense security reminders were in order.
Most of you already know them and can probably add more, but now and then we forget, including Jack and myself.
Here is the short list:
1. Remember to lock your doors, especially your deadbolts. Yes, people forget. Security does not come from your knob lock!
2. Let your neighbors know you will be gone so they can report suspicious activity.
3. Make sure you have someone pick up your newspapers and mail. We don't like to have our newspapers stopped because reporting your being away is a tip off for theft.
4. Leave on some lights, inside and outside and if possible, get the inside light timers that switch the lights around at different times.
5. Remember to set your alarm if you have one. Jack and I forgot to do this the last time we went away but called our kids to set it when we remembered.
Last tip, and always from Flam's professional brain vault, please invest in high security locks! Your life is precious and you are worth it.
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday no matter where you are.
Yours in Security,
Flam's lock and key