These tips are provided by the Los Angeles Police Department: Five things that your" friendly burglar" wants to tell you. In other words, the police are trying to give people a look at how burglars think.
1. I always check the freezer – and not for food!
2. Here's a helpful hint: I almost never go into kids' rooms.
3. You're right: I won't have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.
4. A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you're reluctant to leave your TV on while you're out of town, you can buy a device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television.
5. Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.
For full details, view this message on the web.