By City News Service
Firefighters knocked down a blaze Monday inside a Van Nuys motel that burned one utility room and spread to the roof of the building, a Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman said.
The flames ignited in the electrical service room on the second floor of the Best Western motel at 5525 Sepulveda Blvd. just before 4 p.m., said fire department spokesman Erik Scott.
The flames jumped to part of the roof.
The department dispatched 50 firefighters to the scene and they extinguished the fire in about 24 minutes, Scott said.
Two patients were being evaluated by paramedics, he said
What sparked the fire remains under investigation by the fire department.