Earlier this week, Los Angeles City Council approved a resolution to observe "Meatless Mondays," making L.A. the largest city to declare their support for the movement.
The resolution was introduced by Councilmembers Jan Perry and Ed Reyes as a way to "support comprehensive sustainability efforts as well as to further encourage residents to eat a more varied plant-based diet to protect their health and protect animals."
But no need to worry - observing the weekly "holiday" is entirely optional for Angelenos. What's more, November is World Vegan Month. If you're looking to celebrate Meatless Mondays (or Veganovember), here are some local restaurants that are vegetarian- or vegan-friendly.
Click on the Sherman Oaks Patch directory listing for more info about these great places:
* Antonio's Pizzeria
* Aromi Cafe
* California Charbroil Burger
* Ciao Coffee & Tea
* The Flame Broiler
* Hagop Restaurant
* Hana Grill
* Il Tiramisu
* Kung Pao China Bistro
* La Salsa
* Marie Callender's Restaurant & Bakery
* Marmalade Cafe
* Massis Kabob
* Mogo's Restaurant
* Natas Pastries
* P.F. Chang's China Bistro
* Robbie Mac's Pizza
* Salvemini's Pizza
* Simon's Cafe
* Spumoni Restaurant
* Sushi Fukyo
* Taste of India
* Tokyo Grill 7
VEGETARIAN THANKSGIVING RECIPES
* 5 Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dishes
* Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe for Thanksgiving
*City Council Supports 'Meatless Monday' for a Healthier L.A.
* Dept. of Eating: Why Vegan?
* Concern of the Environment Includes Your Fellow Creatures
* Crushing on Quinoa...My Favorite Super Food!
* Hot Potatoes at the Farmers Market
Do you have other suggestions? Tell us in the COMMENTS below.