Patch took home two wins at the 54th Annual L.A. Press Club Southern California Journalism Awards on Sunday night.
San Gabriel Valley Patch editors collectively won first place in the "Online News" category for coverage of the Nov. 30, 2011, windstorm, which caused unprecedented destruction and power outages in the foothills and Northeast Los Angeles. Patch editors were praised for their comprehensive and exhaustive reporting, which included breaking news, feature stories, photos and up-to-the-minute information.
Fellow Rancho Santa Margarita Patch editor Martin Henderson won first place in the "Online Sports News/Feature/Commentary" category.
About 750 entries were submitted this year for just over 90 categories. The event was held in downtown Los Angeles at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel.
Here's the full list of winning Patch editors:
- Altadena Editor Dan Abendschein
- Arcadia Editor Natalie Ragus
- Eagle Rock Editor Ajay Singh
- Echo Park Silver Lake Editor Anthea Raymond
- Glendora Editor Hazel Lodevico-To'o
- Highland Park Mount Washington Editor David Fonseca
- La Cañada Flintridge Editor Donna Evans
- Montrose Editor Nicole Charky
- Monrovia Editor Nathan McIntire
- Sierra Madre Guest Editor Cassandra Morris
- San Marino Editor Jessica Hamlin
- South Pasadena Editor Kristen Lepore
- Assistant Regional Editor Redmond Carolipio
- Martin Henderson, Editor Rancho Santa Margarita Patch
Check out a sampling of our :