Who's making the list of the $40,000-a-head dinner of 150 guests at George Clooney's party today?
And nothing can happen there, not with "Iron Man" and "Spider-Man" on the guest list. (Of course, Clooney was Batman, too.)
Organizers expect tonight's event to raise $15 million, an Contributions from tens of thousands of Americans who donated an average of $23 for a chance to win a ticket to the event.
Two winners were chosen—Beth Topinka, a science teacher from Manalapan, N.J.; and Karen Blutcher, a St. Augustine, Fla., mother of a 5-year-old son with Down syndrome. Both winners will bring their husbands—Jerry Topinka and Patrick Blutcher—along to the dinner.
Here are others attending, from what we can find out:
* Barbra Streisand (who hosted bigtime Democratic fundraisers before)
* Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man)
* Tobey Maguire (Spider-Man)
* Leonardo DiCaprio (J Edgar)
* Wolfgang Puck (Working it as caterer)
* DreamWorks Animation Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey
Katzenberg (Lion King)
* Ellen Degeneres (Obama appeared on her show, shot in the Valley)
* James Brolin (Mr. Streisand)
* Andy Spahn (political consultant)
* Steven Spielberg (War Horse)
* J.J. Abrams (Armageddon)
* CAA's Bryan Lourd
* ICM's Chris Silbermann
The list is being kept top secret, and they will be bused in.
Others on the speculated elite list (but not confirmed) include:
* Scarlett Johansson
* Halle Berry
* Oprah Winfrey
* Reese Witherspoon
* Teri Hatcher (his 'Desparate Housewives' neighbor)
* Harvey Weinstein
* Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
* Matt Damon
* Melissa Etheridge